Friday, January 16, 2015

Elephants Are Cool. Vague Ideas Are Not.

Have you ever had the feeling of being on the very brink of an idea? The feeling that you're supposed to do something; something that may very well change your life, but you're not sure what it is? It's just -- a feeling. It's so tantalizingly close though. It flits through your dreams, races past while you wash the dishes, just out of reach, just out of range. Oh it's horrible! And yet, so exciting! You're constantly looking for it, trying to figure it out, trying to grasp this elusive thought. 

  I'm stuck in this moment, and have been for the last two weeks. It's like watching a seed sprout and grow; I can't quite tell what flower it will turn out to be, so I have to just wait and watch it slowly, gently, peacefully unfurl. I have this vague idea of doing something, but that's just it: It's vague; hazy; undefined. I'm an impatient person, and I'm aching to get to the bottom of this and find out if this is even a logical idea, but at this point... I don't know!! All I know is it has something to do with writing. And people. And teaching. And journals. And elephants. I kid; no elephants. *wink* I just wanted to see if you were still awake. Elephants are cool though; I like their big feet. Ahem, anyway. Back to the vague idea. I have NO idea what this idea is. I only know that its been haunting me for two weeks. It's growing into SOMETHING; but I don't know what yet!! It may prove to be a brainchild, but my gosh... I'm still in the first trimester of the pregnancy if that's the case. 

  I'll keep you posted. Hopefully I get an epiphany soon.



P.S. Just for the sake of keeping you in the loop, my husband is finally home!!! *Squeeeeee!* He got home not too long ago, which is why I haven't been writing. Ah've been busy enjoyin' havin' mah' man home! (no idea what's up with that accent; it just came suddenly).

4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you!
    How that idea coming?
    Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. when is the baby due

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, I totally thought that was a pregnancy announcement sneaked in there..

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Nope, no baby due any time soon! Hopefully not for a long, long time! ;)

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10