Wednesday, December 31, 2014

I Keep It Safe

  If you look at my profile picture (top, right corner of blog), you may notice that I seem to be wearing a necklace. It looks quite ordinary, so you probably paid very little - if any - attention to it. What you can't really tell from that profile picture, is that it's not a regular necklace chain that ladies usually wear. It's a ball chain, like what military dog tags hang from. This chain stays tucked into my shirt 24/7. I don't bring it out, I rarely show it to others, and it's even more rare that I tell what's on the end.

  I will let you in on the secret though. It's nothing earth shattering, but it means a lot to me. It's my husbands wedding band...


 Jet black in color so that it'd be safe to wear in combat, polished smooth, and made of tungsten carbide, I keep it on a chain around my neck. Why isn't my husband wearing it, you ask? The military doesn't allow men to wear any sort of jewelry during training; including wedding bands. So while my man could have still taken it with him, and kept it in a locker with his other civilian items, he let me keep it safe for him.


 And so 'keep it safe', I do. I'm horrible when it comes to remembering where I put things, and I was terrified of losing his ring! So onto the chain it went, and now here it stays until he comes home.

 I love being able to wear this unique necklace all the time, but truth be told... I'll like it even better when I don't have to wear it anymore; because that will mean that my husband is finally home and wearing the ring himself!

  And that's something I look forward to. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10